Research Policy Officer
University of Glasgow Court, University of Glasgow
- Lab for Academic Culture (3 months)
- Brought content up to date for, maintained, and added new content to the Lab for Academic Culture webpage.
- Created an updated Research Culture Timeline infographic.
- Conceptualised, organised, developed, interviewed for, and edited six videos about ECR Voices on Research Culture.
- Advised on and prepared textual and visual communications for colleagues within the Lab, including templates for future use.
- Wrote, created, and scheduled content for the Lab for Academic Culture Twitter account.
- University of Glasgow Library
- Reviewing, updating, and organising Open Research webpages.
Skills and Literacies: T4 (web design), DaVinci Resolve, adhering to brand guidelines, teamwork, Office 365, Twitter.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Celtic & Gaelic, University of Glasgow
- Courses: Celtic Civilisation 1A and 1B, covering the ancient and early medieval periods of Celtic populations.
- Delivery of in-person and online seminars to international groups of undergraduate students studying a variety of subjects.
- Adaption of provided teaching materials for online delivery and to suit the needs of the students.
- Solo and partner teaching.
- Marking essays and providing thorough feedback to students.
Skills and Literacies: leading large and small group work, public speaking, evaluation of ability, creating lesson plans, teamwork, Zoom, Moodle, confidentiality, Mentimeter.
Assistant Digital Curator
Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities
University of Glasgow, College of Arts Administration
- Designed a survey to gain insights from researchers on the types of materials and display they want for the digital research showcases.
- Created submission and consent forms for submission to the showcase.
- Developed guidance and examples for the webpage via WordPress for potential participants.
- Created and drafted Twitter and Instagram images and posts to advertise the survey and call for submissions.
- Editing and formatting submissions and webpages on WordPress for the showcase launch.
Skills and Literacies: WordPress, teamwork, survey creation and marketing, editing, liaising with stakeholders, Microsoft Teams, Office 365.
Postgraduate Researcher Development Office Intern
University of Glasgow, Research and Innovation Services
- Developed a PGR Office Intern Handbook to facilitate handover.
- Led on the planning, marketing, and implementation of PGR community-building events such as Three Minute Thesis and the PGR Bake-Off.
- Supported colleagues during key events such as a PGR Town Hall and with projects such as training development.
- Edited and wrote for the PGR Blog, including working with guest bloggers, scheduling posts, design, and idea development.
- Managed the PGR Blog Twitter and Instagram accounts. More than doubled the number of Instagram followers.
- Planned, designed, and scheduled content – including Twitter photo challenges that were well engaged with and blog posts – to maintain activity between the end of my contract and the start of the next intern’s.
- Created content (graphics, infographics, blog posts) to promote events, advertise opportunities, enhance blog posts, and inform of results from surveys and events.
- Assisted another intern with content and visual creation.
- Wrote a report on a PGR Town Hall and took it to the Deans of Graduate Studies Committee.
- Organised, edited, formatted for the web, and published to the website the Career Transitions Survey Case Studies.
Skills and Literacies: Twitter, Instagram, Squarespace, T4 (web design), Canva, Moodle, Zoom, Zoom Webinar, teamwork, communication, content creation, editing, event planning.
Class Assistant, Receptionist. Kumon Hillhead Study Center, Glasgow. – Skills: Customer service, tutoring primary and secondary students, administrative duties.
Conference Assistant. McDaniel College Conference Services, Westminster, MD, USA – Skills: teamwork, leading teams, direct support/first point of contact for visiting groups, customer service.
Archive Student Assistant. McDaniel College Archive, Westminster, MD, USA – Skills: digitisation.
Blogger and Photographer. McDaniel College Admissions, Westminster, MD, USA – Skills: maintaining a consistent schedule of writing, photographing, and uploading my work.
College of Arts PG Conference Committee. University of Glasgow. – Skills: event planning, public speaking.
Scotland Reads. High Park Primary School, Glasgow. – Skills: one-on-one tutoring.
Scottish Country Dance Teacher. Alba Scottish Country Dancers. – Skills: teamwork, lesson planning, adapting material for ability level, public speaking.
Peer Mentor. McDaniel College, Westminster, MD, USA. – Skills: leadership, interpersonal relations, mentoring.